There are several methods available to successfully boot homebrew on unmodified and modified Gamecubes. These methods include using a special bootdisc and memory card device, a loophole within an official Gamecube game title, a traditional modchip or a drive replacement modchip.
Game Save Exploits
These require a memory card to place the hacked save game and a boot.dol converted to .gci format. Swiss is distributed as a bootable GCI. Need the help of an already homebrew able Gamecube, or a Wii (while RVL-001 is the easiest, RVL-101 and RVL-201 can have their GameCube ports soldered back in), modded or unmodded to first put such files on memcard.
Preloaded memory cards targeting the NTSC-U and PAL versions of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker and Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door are available from CastleMania Games.
- Animal Crossing
- BMX XXX
- F-Zero GX
- Frogger Beyond
- James Bond 007: Agent Under Fire
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
- Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
- Pokémon Colosseum
- Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness
- Robotech: Battlecry
- Super Mario Sunshine (PAL-only)
- Super Smash Bros. Melee
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2
- Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
- Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
- Requires Action Replay 1.14b or below and an SD-Card adapter.
- Tedious to set up and can get oftentimes annoying when loading homebrew, requires to be transferred onto the memory card (preferably using the PSOload method) alongside an injection of GCOS after putting in a cheat through an older revision of the Action Replay disc. Since then, it’s better advised to use the custom loader that comes with the latest package of Swiss which utilizes the same SD-Card adapter combo as the SD load method.
- Uses a region free bootdisc to load hombrew from included memory card device.
- Offers out of the box homebrew support - always need the disc to boot it up. Comes with a flimsy SDGecko!
- GCLoader drive replacement
- Very quick to boot backups and homebrew with Swiss as initial ISO.
- Quick to boot backups and homebrew with SDLoad installed as plugin.
- Very quick to boot backups and homebrew with Swiss on flash.
- Quick to boot backups and homebrew with Swiss.iso and SDGecko.
- Very quick to boot backups and homebrew with Swiss as initial ISO for WiiKey Fusion / WASP Fusion or initial ISO for WODE.