Air M3 for gaming.?

Talk about games you've played, new games coming out, console hardware, etc..
shegg67

Air M3 for gaming.?

Post by shegg67 » Fri May 03, 2024 12:46 pm

Hi all
is macbook air M3 handy choice for gaming.? or does it lag and heat too quickly.?
Papy.G

Re: Air M3 for gaming.?

Post by Papy.G » Fri May 03, 2024 9:24 pm

Hi, Well:
Heat and lag, probably not.

It's been 25 years I have macs, so I got through every architecture change at apple, from the 68k on to the M1 nowadays, and I can tell you the last change is one of the most impressive in terms of computing power, but the worse in terms of compatibility.

Unless you find an intel emulator smart enough to run highly demanding games, or rely on cloud computing services, you'd better stick to Intel-based Mac (second hand or refurbished is the budget-compliant option), if you absolutely want to use OSX for everything else than gaming.

I have a Mac Mini M1 16Go for around one year, and still looking for a viable windows option before throwing away my Intel iMac. I don't personally play, I have far enough games systems for that, but my kid does, mainly Roblox, that doesn't need the full power off the machine, at least in HDTV res. But he's quite frustrated for not being able to play some games, notably Fortnite.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
shegg67

Re: Air M3 for gaming.?

Post by shegg67 » Thu May 09, 2024 8:19 am

Papy.G wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 9:24 pm
Hi, Well:
Heat and lag, probably not.

It's been 25 years I have macs, so I got through every architecture change at apple, from the 68k on to the M1 nowadays, and I can tell you the last change is one of the most impressive in terms of computing power, but the worse in terms of compatibility.

Unless you find an intel emulator smart enough to run highly demanding games, or rely on cloud computing services, you'd better stick to Intel-based Mac (second hand or refurbished is the budget-compliant option), if you absolutely want to use OSX for everything else than gaming.

I have a Mac Mini M1 16Go for around one year, and still looking for a viable windows option before throwing away my Intel iMac. I don't personally play, I have far enough games systems for that, but my kid does, mainly Roblox, that doesn't need the full power off the machine, at least in HDTV res. But he's quite frustrated for not being able to play some games, notably Fortnite.
thats really helpful.